Calling all arrowmen! On Sunday, May 3rd at 10 AM at Pine Hill Scout Reservation, Lenape Lodge will be holding a general lodge business meeting and annual officer elections. This is your chance to make a direct impact on the lodge by voting for our next lodge and chapter leaders, as well as decide on important lodge business. Your participation in this meeting makes a direct impact in the direction and quality of our program.
We have several topics which will need your voice to be heard:
- Approval of 2 amendments to the lodge rules
- The first amendment proposes changes the term of office for lodge and chapter officers from July 1-June 30 to January 1-December 31. The lodge officers have determined that this change is necessary to better align with deliverables and responsibilities, which all run on a calendar year basis (such as the lodge budget, the annual lodge program, and Journey to Excellence). If this amendment passes, the next officer term will be shortened, and another election will be held at the general lodge business meeting at the Oktoberfest fellowship (Haunted Woods weekend).
- The second amendment proposes a clarification to the voting rights of Chapter Chiefs on the LEC. It is currently unclear whether a chapter chief can delegate his voting authority to another chapter officer. The propsed amendment explicitly permit the chapter chief to appoint either the chapter vice chief or chapter secretary, as long as that appointment is submitted to the lodge chief in writing before the LEC meeting. The amendment also reorganizes some current text to make room for this new provision.
- Lodge Officer Elections
- Election of the Lodge Chief, Lodge Vice Chief of Program, Lodge Vice Chief of Inductions, Lodge Vice Chief of Administration, and Lodge Vice Chief of Membership
- Chapter Officer Elections
- All members will break out with their chapters and elect their Chapter Chief, Chapter Vice Chief, and Chapter Secretary
All members of the lodge are permitted to attend the meeting, however only those members who are current on their dues and are under the age of 21 years old will have a vote in any matters brought before the lodge for vote.
Attached to this article, you will find petitions for lodge and chapter office, as well as the full proposals for the amendments to the lodge rules. Please direct any questions about the business meeting to Pat Jennings, Lodge Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org.